This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal information.
Concentric is committed to protecting your information by handling it responsibly and safeguarding it using appropriate security measures.
Concentric Solutions Limited has its registered office at 99 Gray’s Inn Road, London WC1X 8TY, UK and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05601443. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we act as the data controller when processing your data. You can contact us about this policy by filling in our Contact Form.
Information That We Collect
Concentric collects the personal information of our employees, potential employees, suppliers, clients, potential clients, business contacts and website users. We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations, to provide you with our products and services, and to provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
When we send you information we think you might be interested in, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time by submitting a request on our Contact Form, or by following the unsubscribe instructions in our communications.
We collect personal information that has been obtained either i) directly from you (e.g. signing up for a newsletter or marketing event, application for a role at Concentric, placing an order for products or services with our company, direct communication with us via email, post or telephone, or through your access of systems administered by us on our clients’ behalf) or ii) indirectly from a third party (e.g. through our website’s technology, affiliates, suppliers, vendor partners and social media) or iii) indirectly from sources in the public domain.
Your personal information, which may include your name, gender, email address, employment details and any other contact information you provide to us now or during our relationship with you, (which identifies you as an individual), and any key contract data (e.g. legal relationships with software vendors including contractual or product interest) may be processed and stored in a database, even after termination of the relationship, by Concentric.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Concentric takes your privacy very seriously. We will never sell your data, and we will never disclose or share your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
We will use your personal data to provide you or our clients or other third parties with services, and this includes using your personal data in correspondence relating to those services. We correspond with:
- you and/or our client;
- other third parties in connection with the services we provide;
- our vendor partners and service providers; or
- competent authorities.
We may also use your personal data for other activities that form part of the operation of our business, and in connection with:
- legal or regulatory requirements;
- administration of client accounts including accounting and invoicing;
- relationship management, which may involve:
- sending you details of our products and services;
- sending you industry thought leadership content;
- sending you event invitations;
- other marketing or research purposes;
- contacting you for feedback on services.
We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
We also use your personal information collected via our website:
- to manage and improve our website;
- to tailor the content of our website to offer you a relevant experience;
- to draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you; or
- to respond to any request you submit through our website.
You have the right to access any personal information that Concentric processes about you and to request at any time information about:
- what personal data we hold about you;
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients to whom the personal data has been/will be disclosed;
- how long we intend to store your personal data for;
- if we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. Requests or complaints can be submitted via our Contact Form.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws, other than for the purposes specified in this notice.
We may disclose details about you to:
- other affiliates of Concentric;
- competent authorities (including courts and legal advisors);
- your employer and/or its advisors;
- anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under the terms pursuant to the services we provide;
- other third parties that reasonably and legitimately require access to personal data relating to you.
Concentric takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data.
Such measures include:
- education of relevant staff members to ensure their awareness of our privacy obligations when handling personal data;
- administrative controls that restrict access to personal data to only those that need to have access;
- IT controls and security measures that restrict access to systems containing personal data using encryption algorithms, user authentication policies, firewalls and anti-virus software.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Concentric, however, as this information may be required on the grounds of legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some of our services without it.
From time to time, we will process your personal information under the legal basis of ‘legitimate interests’. Where this is the case, we have carried out balancing tests to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Concentric only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and in any case the longest of:
- the period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- any retention period required by law (e.g. UK tax laws);
- the period in which disputes may be ongoing or investigations might arise in respect of the services we provide.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Data Protection Officer
Concentric Solutions Ltd.
Innovation Centre 7,
Keele Science Park,
Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NB
+44 (0)203 411 0140
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
+44(0) 203 411 0140